Saturday, January 2, 2016

Preparing for Christmas and Baptism!


Wow it is crazy to see how fast these weeks are flying by! It felt as if this week lasted about 3 days. That's it! Although this week has been filled with some pretty big things that I'll talk about, but for the most part, this week has been filled with a lot of hard work, it wasn't as productive as we hoped, but it was really focused in on our currently most progressing investigator! He is fantastic and he just becomes a bigger teddy bear every time we meet him haha! I'll make sure I get a picture with him sometime this week! Oh I also wanted to say that I am SUUUUPPPPEEERRR Jealous of all of you who have seen star wars!! It just isn't fair haha ;-) But it's fine because I'll just have days on end of just lazy relief when I get back where I will watch EVERYTHING!!! Oh I also wanted to say thank you for the Christmas calendar! It is the perfect little reminder of home and it makes me smile every time I see it! But what I would love even more is if dad could reliably finish the family calendar this Christmas so I can see my family on the calendar every day ;-) Just some motivation dad!

 

Haha I guess I probably should tell you about the week haha :-) So the biggest thing that happened this week was that about half the missionaries in the mission went to the Christmas party I was at! It was super great because I got to see some of my 동기 (MTC District). They sound like they all have been having super great experiences! But just like all of Korea, it sounds like they have had trouble baptizing. I'm not too worried though, because I know there are people out there who are waiting to here from me and I know that with the Lord's help I will find them :-) At the Christmas party we had the opportunity to hear from a lot of people and sing songs (I may send video). We also got to watch 17 Miracles. I realized something very fast... Why had I not seen this before??? That movie was fantastic, it made me cry so hard haha, there are few times I remember hearing my tears hit the ground but that was one of them! I suggest everyone should watch it, and just remember and appreciate the amazing and unforgettable things these people went through in order to make it possible for such a great foundation to be built. After the movie we all talked a little more and then we all headed out! There is no rest here! I mean sometimes I get a little breather but for the most part we are working our hardest to talk to everyone we can. I've really overcome that obstacle, I feel like even though I can't speak their language at all they all are willing to listen to me! 

 

We have seen a couple of investigators this week! one, his name is 신사무엘(sounds like samual), anyway he is this owner of a Baskin Robbins. He speaks really good English and has this crazy long hair!!! Anyway we went and met him and he gave us free Ice cream in a darth vader piggy bank! So I got a little taste of the star wars craze ;-) Our other investigator, our gangster, haha he is doing great. I can't tell you how much he has progressed! He has had a slip up once or twice but for the most part he is on his way of becoming a new man! He is just growing so well! Haha we have spent so much time with him! We'll take about an hour to teach him a lesson and then he'll offer to pay for our meal so then we go eat with him! Actually one day we went with him and his friend and they wanted to show us this really tasty chinese restaurant, they forgot to mention it was the next city over!!! So we were in the car just sitting there and then we realized that we didn't know where we were hahaha! We also last lesson had a member pop his head in during his lesson and just came in and helped out and started spitting out a LOAD of Korean! It was super helpful and really helped him with his questions :-) 

 

Food has been really good here, there hasn't been anything I couldn't handle just yet haha :-) I have had a couple run ins with shellfish but nothing bad! Makes me wonder if I'm even allergic to it haha :-)  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment