Thursday, October 29, 2015

Week 6


wow I don't think you guys realize that you are one of my biggest motivations out here. Thank you for all the support that you all constantly send my way, I love you!!! I love hearing about all the things going on at home and in your lives! Remember, you never can be too detailed! ;-) 

This week we had a group above us left which was really bitter sweet. We had grown close to them and were sad to see them go. Because of tradition, we as the middle district prepared a missionarized version of a song to sing them on their last night. We did "I'll make a man out of you" and it was fantastic! I'll find a copy and send it to you guys! We also sing them "God be with you till we meet again", in Korean which always gets the emotions rolling! That night also made us realize how close we are to leaving,(we're the oldest district now), and got us bother really scared and really excited, mostly really scared. 

 
That same night I think we had a nice little experience... A mouse came to reek havoc on our residence hall! Now there's an elder from California, and it shows, who was screaming, this was way past curfew by the way haha. So me, Wilson, Lunt, and Allen go corner it into a room and began a game of chicken with it! It actually made it into another room before I caught it! I jumped on it with this boxed and the battle was finally over! They wanted to kill it but I insisted we free it outside, so we named it Kim and released it into the world! 

 
Mom, you are now an Idol in this residence hall. That toaster oven was the best investment of $18 ever! I've decided to pass it down from generation to generation!

 
So I want to stay updated on Halloween and I want pictures. Dad asked me a load of questions so I'm just going to answer those real quick! :-) During gym we don't really do any chants for our scriptures or prophets or anything. Every morning I go run a mile and then do a nice core workout, then cooling of with some 4 square hahahaha. On P-days we do beach volleyball out by the fields with the whole district and it's a load of fun (mainly because no one is that good)! We also asked about the food, to be honest you start seeing repeats within your first week so not much variety. We all know what to avoid now, unfortunately even the decent stuff messes up your system hahah. And yes dad, the elders gas problems here are ridiculous... dad, this is a pretty supportive group, we had some issues spark up for a bit. I didn't realize how powerful complete honesty and truthfulness can be and how useful it is to fixing problems! 

 So I heard about Big Fish... And I am so jealous!!! I would of loved to see that! I know you guys enjoyed it for me though ;-) I have to ask, did they send a baby sliding down a hallway hahahaha? 

 In the last 40 days I have probably read just short of 400 pages of the book of Mormon. I am just about 40 pages left until I'm finished and I couldn't be more excited!!! I cannot explain my enthusiasm and love for the Book. It makes me wonder why I had never read it with such great intent and purpose before... I am so grateful for the effects it has had on me. I know if you all met me again right at this moment you would have to take a second to realize how much I've changed. I have grown closer to our Lord and Savior. I have seen small little everyday miracles performed by him, I have seen his gentle guiding hand in my life and it is something I pray I will be able to share with everyone. We are his children, and just like a mother loves her newborn child, God loves us with a mercy and love tough to comprehend. Even the ones who don't know him, the lost sheep of the world, even them the Lord, our shepherd, loves unconditionally to the ends of the world and forever on. "Many are kept from the truth, because they know not where to find it", I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to bring the light of Christ and the everlasting love of a father into their lives, and I couldn't be more grateful. I love you all with all my heart, My family is my world. And I serve the lord to bring the knowledge of eternal families to others. I love you all so much.

 All my love, 

Elder Fox :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment