Monday, October 19, 2015

It's Been One MONTH!!!


hey all of you guys! I just wanted to say that I'm so grateful for the support you've all given me! Isn't it crazy how tomorrow it's going to be one month!?? You guys really are such an inspiration for me and while I've been out here I have thought about you guys endlessly. All of you are such a great motivation here that it excites me to go out into the world and share the true blessing of Eternal Families with everyone I meet.

 thank you so much for the photo album that you guys sent me! I was finally able to show you all to the people that I've been spending everyday with!:-) Again, I have absolutely adored the pictures sent to me so far! In that care package you also sent me a mini-fridge, I was semi-joking about that request but now you sent it I'm practically a celebrity in the dorms! There's multiple requests to use it and I may make a waiting list, haha thank you for that!

 I am so jealous of you guys out camping right now! I have pictured myself out there with you guys and it's just a sweet taste of home. Please tell me everything you guys do out there, please!

 So I'm going to tell you guys about what other things I have been up to here but first I want to start out telling you guys the crazy/irregular things! haha Well probably the worse thing about our classroom is the temperature. It is so warm! We call it napping temperature... We thought that it could be fixed if we, well... Steamed the Thermostat. Lets just say it got the AC cranking hard, then it wouldn't stop! We realized, after closer inspection, that we may have melted the wires so now it always thinks it's hot hahaha! whoops! Another thing we did was the secret tie draft where we auction off the ugliest ties to be worn the next day(so I'd love if you sent me a disgusting tie ;-)). I got a pretty bad one myself and I need to seek revenge!

 My P-days consist of laundry early in the morning while I email, lots of exercise time, and then the temple, which is that much more beautiful looking at it in this new found light of mine :-). Every night over the intercom we hear in a voice like Jim Gaffigan's impression of God say, "It is now 10:15, Quiet Time". It is seriously the weirdest thing getting to bed at this time!

 So yesterday In my lesson I had one of the strongest spiritual experiences yet! I was giving a lesson about baptism and i knew I was struggling slightly getting my point across in Korean, but then a thought, as if it wasn't my own, told me: "Just bear your testimony". It is amazing how much:

 저는 형제님을 사랑합니다. 하나님은 혀제님을 사랑합니다. 저는 이것을 알습니다. 구분은 우리의 아버지 입니다.  

 Or for English, I love you, god loves you. I know this, he is our father." can invite the spirit. Yes very simple, and I knew it wasn't much, but the room was flooded with the spirit. It was enough to let this investigator, someone so completely unfamiliar with the spirit, feel something never before felt by him, It was nice.

 I would love it if you guys would write to me more!!! Also seriously it would help me with my organization so much if you just wrote down a list of questions in one dear elder and just sent it to me so I could make sure I answered everything, I love you guys so much! I love hearing from you all and I miss you so much, please have a good time for me while up at camping. Trust me I am sooooooo jealous of all of you right now so please don't take it for granted. I love you guys so much, I know you guys pray for me as much as I pray for you, I hope that you have seen the blessings that have appeared in your life as much as I've seen them in mine. :-) Keep smiling and know I am always thinking of you guys :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment